School's Dress Code
Our School Dress Code
School uniforms are MANDATORY.
Lake Forest Elementary School colors are Blue and White. Acceptable colors for uniforms are as follows:
Tops (must be collared shirts): Blue, white and black
Bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts/skorts, jumpers) Navy blue, black, khaki
* Shorts and skirts must touch the tip of his/her fingers.
* No blue jeans
* No baggie pants that hang below the waist
Athletic shoes are recommended, however, students must follow School Board policy regarding footwear.
Please refer to the Code of Student Conduct book.
Benefits of a Uniform Policy
Research suggests that school uniforms
- Improve discipline, self-esteem and self-respect.
- Focus the student towards learning.
- Eliminate the fear of whether their clothing choice will be acceptable by peers.
- Strengthens school pride.
- Identify student population from strangers on school grounds.
- Cost effective.
All children should start wearing their school uniform on the very first day of school this August. Please call us at school if you have any questions or concerns.
A Parent or Guardian may request in person, an application for an exemption from the uniform program. Exemption waivers must be completed by the 10th day of the student's enrollment.